Together with 160+ colleagues, Sigmax makes the work of thousands of professionals easier and business processes more efficient. We do this with software for customers at both national and international level. Our portfolio includes large cities like Amsterdam and Brussels, leading public transport companies but also well-known security organizations and service companies that install your central heating boiler at home. It is all about working smarter and more efficiently through software.
Sigmax Law Enforcement
As a software company with a wonderful base at the Kennispark in Enschede, “empowering professionals everywhere” is our slogan. With the Law Enforcement business unit, we provide municipalities with the tools for coordinating and maintaining a safe and liveable city. We do this through our software platform for monitoring & enforcement “CityControl” and an online parking permit system “CityPermit”.
Join the team of five Ops Engineers (a.k.a. System Engineers) working together with five software development teams to deliver CityControl/CityPermit to Dutch, Belgian and Swiss municipalities. You will be exposed to Ops activities, such as infrastructure, application and database management and monitoring. During this internship you will also get to know more about Ops tech stack: Microsoft Windows Server, SQL Server, Visual Studio, Azure Devops, Powershell, PRTG Network Monitor and ElasticSearch and TopDesk.
Possible assignments (depending on your preferences and the current company needs):
- Automation of manual tasks related to change and asset management in TopDesk using TopDesk API. We use TopDesk for change and asset management with most tasks done manually. Your assignment could be to use TopDesk API in order to automate such tasks, for example, keeping software versions and configurations up to date.
- Automation of manual tasks related to application and database deployment. We use Continuous Integration and Delivery pipelines extensively within on-premise development and test environments and we are currently expanding towards acceptance and production. During your internship you could lias with developers, testers and system engineers to automate steps, such as new database deployment or configuration import.
What we are looking for
A student HBO-ICT IT Service Management, who:
- Is interested in DevOps;
- Has basic understanding of deployment, operations and maintenance of both software and the infrastructure around it;
- Wants to realize automation;
- Is curious to independently dive into unknown territory;
- Has capacity to grasp and communicate abstract concepts;
- Is proactivity seeking feedback from fellow Ops and Devs;
- Speaks and understands both Dutch and English.
What we offer
- A great team, with a nice mix of young talent and experienced colleagues;
- A growing organization , which constantly creates new opportunities;
- A unique working environment in an iconic building;
- A modern company where new, appealing technologies are used;
- An attractive internship compensation;
- Unlimited fresh fruit and the best freshly ground coffee every day;
- Friday afternoon drinks, staff weekends and other surprising events!
Interested? Don’t wait too long!
Is this vacancy something for you? Send your motivation letter, resume and relevant personal information (via the apply direct button) to Tim Vriesen (Corporate Recruiter) by email or call +31 (0) 53 480 3100. By sending your details, you agree with our terms. Data will be treated confidentially and used exclusively for recruitment and selection purposes.
A Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) may be requested upon commencement of employment.